Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Fever

Today I am suffering from a disgusting sickness called spring fever..I have to do laundry AND dishes AND buy groceries all in one day while feeling sick watching the snow fall. How lame. Shawn's parents are coming from Arizona tonight and I feel sorry for them to see this sight when they arrive.
Last week when the weather was actually normal we enjoyed it too much..
A trip to the Zoo: This was Shawn's idea after watching the TV series LIFE on the discovery channel. You should watch it! It's pretty good..Shawn is intrigued by life and was looking too hard at the bone maps at the zoo..nerdy?? maybe a little. These are my attempts at beginner camera tricks..also kinda nerdy.

He made a friend who jumped up on a ledge to help him look for spiders. I thought the sight was pretty funny..it's hard to tell who is more excited-


We had a few Picnics on our finally put together balcony. This is one of the reasons I wanted to get this apartment so bad.. and I have neglected it until this week-finally I got what I wanted and we had breakfast on the balcony on Sunday. It was my pride and joy for the week so I had to take a picture..a little old fashioned..but oh well. you do what you can right.


We decided to take a weekend trip to Vegas. We went with Jaimee and Tyler. Jaimee was a definite trooper because her baby will be here hopefully within a month! WE know their baby will keep them busy..and who knows we might be jealous-so we had to get OUR time in with them before baby comes and wins us all over. It was very relaxing. We played a lot, ate a lot, and spent a lot of time by the pool.

It was a very welcomed combo. Shawn had a hard time even laying by the pool for ten minutes, because he couldn't stand thinking about all there was to do. Him and Tyler went golfing and then begged us for a few dollars and tried their cheap hand at gambling. In the end we asked them their favorite part of the trip when we were loading up the car and they had to correct each other to say.."ohh spending time with you guys" like sweet little husbands should. haha hmmm...I don't know if I'll fall for that.

I love any extra minute I can get with my favorite boy..even if he won't just relax by the pool. I had to take a picture for the five minutes he could handle it.


Because we remember how great life can be without snow we are now sick and depressed as the blizzard goes crazy outside our window. SOOOO if you call and we don't answer..we will be trying to heal in our apartment with sun glasses on drinking pina coladas and listening full blast to the beach boys. come on over!

6 comments:

  1. First of all I miss you - why have we not talked in - forever??? Second I am addicted to Life too! haha I make Josh watch it with me :) and We just got home from Mexico - came home to the show & I am NOT HAPPY EITHER! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures of the animals...I love them! Sorry about the crappy weather you are having there. It is beautiful here! :) Oh and tell Shawn he looks buff! (Since I'm one of the only other girls who can tell him that. Ha ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We are very jealous. We need to all go do something fun soon. Ty seriously needs a boy to play with and get all his energy out. Today he tried to do some wrestling move on me and told me he just has so much energy to get out. Then when he said something and I said he and Shawn are twins he said, "duh. we're best friends." Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah Ash! We are also obsessed with LIFE.. isn't it the greatest show evver!!! At least you are getting to spend some time with your man! Mine has been way too busy it's awful. I miss you! We need to get together soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha shawn kills me! LIFE and so excited about the zoo animals and all! :) I'm really jealous of your trip to Vegas and the nice warm weather.. let's hope it comes to Idaho SOON!

    ReplyDelete