Friday, February 5, 2010

Three is Company..



We just got back from El Paso. I don't have any pictures from our trip yet. And Most of them aren't very beautiful-please don't judge. However, this one is one of my favorites. Not because my hair looks good or anything even in the same category as that-because wait none of it does. I only like this picture because of the people in it with me..

They were 2 and 1 when I was born. They were the king and queen in castles on the couch-and I was the maid. They were in high school, and I was in Jr. High-They drove me to school, and dropped me off at the Broulim's stoplight and made me run for my life WITH my backpack before the light turned green. Together we proudly sported wranglers on our first day in an Idaho elementary school. We rebelled and watched VH1,missed curfew, got grounded, and fought with our parents, thinking we had it so hard. I tried really hard to do my part as Josh's hockey goalie, his fellow ninja turtle, and his fellow wood wittler with his pocket knife. I was the last up the ladder to the treehouse when we were chased by our dog, and the guinea pig sent to see if the coast was clear when we were doing something we really shouldn't. we were weird little country kids, but we were pretty happy.

Usually I'm glad they do everything first-Josh has two kids and is leaving for Afghanistan and Jaimee is having a baby in just a few months. I couldn't be a more proud little sister. I might wish I could lead the way sometimes, and have the first baby, or be the first to graduate from college..but lets be honest-I'd be their maid again any day. They are the very best. Sometimes life gets a little bit routine, and then sometimes I wake up and realize just how very lucky I am. Thanks to El Paso for reminding me. I'll post more pictures when I get them.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really loved this post. I didn't realize the three of you are so close in age! I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip! Isn't family the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I haven't seen your brother since we were in elementary. That's great that he has two kids :) I had no idea Jamie is pregnant--that is so exciting! Once again Ash, I love reading your posts. You are so creative with writing. Keep posting your pictures cuz they're fun to look at.
    Love, the other AA
    p.s. I think you have an obsession with teel and red ha ha I noticed it's all over your house. Luckily your husband doesn't mind eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Ash! That was cute. I really miss you and I really want to see old chubby ashley pictures on here somewhere! P.S your really good at the blog thing i need lessons. and also be are blessing linc on march seventh we would love if you could come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASh!! this post was so cute it made me about start crying! (blame it on being pregnant) Thanks for reminding me of all those fun memories. You did leave out one little part though... there was one time when I checked if the coast was clear, and a little butterball ran across the hall wet and naked with the neighbor boy at the front door. Haha!! I love thinking of that.

    ReplyDelete