Friday, February 26, 2010

Flying Solo..kinda sorta

I just dropped Shawn off with all of his camping gear to go snow camping with the scouts this weekend. I am not excited to be left behind. They are actually digging out snow caves to sleep in. I don't know WHY that sounds fun. I think camping should only be allowed in the summer.

On to the best thing that has ever happened in the past six months. My Christmas camera money from Shawn finally turned into the actual camera itself last night. I came home from a 13 hour shift really tired and really not excited to be all by myself this weekend. Sitting on my bed was the box for a Canon Rebel XSI camera. It made my whole night. And now I am not alone after all..I have entertainment for the next 24 hours until my best friend is home.
First pic taken, do I look excited??


Then we ate the best food ever


I think with my new camera, a few friends, a house to clean, blah blah blah I might actually forget I am even flying solo in the first place..just for one day-oops

5 comments:

  1. ash! the cannon rebel is a NICE camera! you are lucky! I got a new one last christmas, its a sony a330! Your dad is here this weekend! I'm excited to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the life of a SLR. never go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks so much for checking out the blog! You're too nice! How have you been? haha your husband sounds just like mine...last month he left with his buddies to snowshoe up a mountain and camp there with NO tent. Guys are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you will love your new camera. Got one myself and still trying out all the new gadgets and gizmos! Enjoy and love to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! That's all you need is a nice camera and then you'll start to go crazy. You'll absolutely love fiddlin around with it. I totally wish I had one for myself :( Money. Don't have. Dang it.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete