Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Days

Phone picture [crappy quality] and way too long upload from our few and far between stay at home days of the summer..

Cooper got a new car for his bday! I don't know what's been more fun, watching him use it, or going to pick it up with Shawn and seeing how excited all three of us were pushing it out to the parking lot to take it home. He knows how to get attention when he wants it-which is not hard-he pushes it up and down our driveway waving and shouting to everyone who walks by. Our goal is to capture it on video it's so entertaining to watch-he truly believes everyone cares about it, and needs to see it-which they do! He pushes this thing all over the house, it has definitely saved me when I need him entertained for a minute!
Cooper is a lover of food. He probably gets that from both sides of Allen. I promise I'm not starving him but he seriously dug in my bag for this strawberry and was determined to eat it, after almost a whole PB and J and then some..don't worry I put them in his chubby hands and let him go to town right after this picture.
Shayna and Dean have been our most frequent little seven peaks buddies. We sure love them. Cooper loves other kids! He likes them too much and always wants to touch their faces and their hair and get maybe too up close and personal-Dean is such a little trooper and just let's Cooper explore!
Someone has learned to say "DAD" and it's the most hilarious thing. He has said Mama for a while and it took us a long time to be able to tell if he actually knew what it meant. There is no doubt he knows what DAD means. It's so funny because he yells is with such urgency, usually when he is messing around with stuff and wants Shawn to join him. We get snow shacks after work with Dad about 3 times a week and they are so completely delicous..delicious meaning comparable to Bahama Bucks which is a big statement.
Little chat before bed, these two love eachother
First baseball game, Mr. Curious the whole night..
jogging stroller therapy. Shawn usually pushes him, and I just try to get myself and baby #2 up the hills and around the park. It is the most quiet and peaceful that Coop can possibly be while being awake. It is so refreshing this time of year for all of us, to enjoy a short run (or jog, or walk) at Sugarhouse park. Ironically we usually follow it up with a bed time snack in front of the tv..
Look at this content little face..and chubby little hands and legs.
This is what Cooper does about 17-18 hours of the day! The other 6-7 he is absolutely CRAZY every single second and he cracks me up. He lets me know clearly when he is tired and his mood usually flips a 180, then he wakes up ready to go crazy again. What a sweet lil boy.

We just had his one year check up and shots, ironically it coordinated with my six month check up for our girly girl..who would have thought! Cooper has never cried much with shots and seriously the second we walk out the door he never acts like he cares or thinks twice about it again. He definitely didn't get that pain tolerance from me, and it's pretty darn likely our girl will not be the same way!

We had to wait for the doctor for about an hour, so for the first 30 minutes Cooper was all over the place, after he had explored every corner he was not happy to be waiting around in a tiny little room staring at the same four walls. I enjoyed that he was forced to actually give in and sit on my lap for a few to read books.
He currently likes to open every single cupboard and try to fit into the teeny tiniest places he can. He loves talking to himself in the mirror, and touching things that he shouldn't, with a look that follows like, "oh am I not supposed to touch that? oops." Cutest face ever.

He is a busy, happy, darling, growing boy- 70% in weight and 95% in height..he easily keeps us entertained and time is going so fast we can't even believe that we will have another one in about 14 weeks! The three of us are big fans of water and sunshine..life is finally slowing down and we are taking advantage of enjoying every last second before we are stuck inside for the winter. My work has reminded me over and over, that life is short. I am so grateful for everyday that I get to spend with these two fun friends of mine who just so happen to be my own little fam. There is nothing better then being the Mom- good thing, since there is a whole lot of Mommyness coming up in the semi-near future.

4 comments:

  1. I know I say this pretty much every time that you post, but I LOVE hearing the updates & seeing new pictures. Cooper is ADORABLE. Seriously. I can't believe he is getting so old & learning so many new things. We are all SO, SO excited to meet baby girl in a few months! Oh, and Kylee has a car like Cooper's...it's too bad that we can't get them together to drive them around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO ADORABLE! I can't get enough of his chubby cheeks and little blonde curls... Miss you lots! Please let me know the next time your in Idaho so we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh he is so cute Ash! I love his curls. I can't believe that he takes such great naps! Teach me... Tanner was doing so good for months and then we went home for 2 1/2 weeks and now bam... like back to 1 naps. Thank goodness he sleeps 12-12 1/2 hours at night!! So excited for Baby girl on the way to arrive in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have had a great summer! We LOVE running at Sugarhouse Park and are going to miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete