Thursday, August 16, 2012

A face to remember

Shawn splurged our first year of marriage to buy me an over the top, overly complicated amazing camera. He passed out as a result of giving plasma too many times to get this camera in my hands. I love it. Time just goes so quickly I haven't taken the time to learn how to properly use it. When Coop's bday rolled around I decided we might as well try our hand at photographing him ourselves, I had what I wanted in mind. It was a team effort, my goal was to make it not stressful, and I failed. But we did our best, and we got a few pictures that will forever remind us of the way our handsome little boy's face looked during the week of his first birthday. That's all we really wanted. Here are some of the favs! Beware of the picture overload!





Last night I was gathering up clothes for my cute little nephew to be. They were Cooper's old clothes and I can't wait for them to be used again. I was surprised how much I loved every single item. I had promised myself I would never forget how cute Cooper looked in each and every individual one. To my horror, I pulled out some shoes and said to myself, I forgot he ever had these! I started to cry, and Shawn put his arm around me and laughed. This is why I drug him through the stressful wind storm to capture pictures of Cooper before his birthday. It's not so I can throw them on my blog or fb like Shawn loves to jokingly suggest (although showing off a cute boy is always a nice side bonus). I insisted on taking these, because I don't ever want to forget these two little bottom teeth, that appear with only an extra big smile. The little blonde curls at the base of his neck, and the big sparkly brown curious eyes. We have to remember forever the chubby hands and his massively thick feet that can hardly be smashed in a shoe. All I really want is to remember every single detail just exactly the way it has been.




I love this face, and it won't look this way for long, I swear it actually changes everyday. It's a face to remember...he is one special boy. What a blessing to spend a whole year learning how to be his parents and enjoying his company.





2 comments: