Monday, February 6, 2012

six months and suspenders

Cooper's outfit was almost the highlight of my day yesterday. Every once in a while a great classic outfit comes along. You put it on some chubby arms and legs, add a smile- let's be honest, whether it's admited or not-how can it not just make any day a whole lot better! Cooper just looked so completely proper. He has just enough really light hair to start awkwardly spiking with some baby lotion..I couln't help but take a million pictures, I just wanted to keep him in his outfit all day. Don't worry I didn't, I know that would be cruel to keep a baby in a tie and suspenders all day-but it was tempting!
We went to a lot of church yesterday and Cooper lost it just a little bit at the end. My friend Sonja blessed her baby Xander. I lived with her and her family in Alaska a few summers ago so I have this extra special love and appreciation for them. I saw some old friends there from nursing school and good old Burton, that was actually the real highlight of my day. I love seeing old friends. It's rare to find friends that you love just as much no matter how many years it has been. I thought about how lucky I felt as I made the hour long drive home, that I ran into such great people on a Sunday afternoon.

Anyways, back to Cooper-Six months old!! Where in the world does time go. We just got home from his six month appointment. He's like the big man on campus in the waiting room now. He looked so huge next to the newborns. He was 98% in height and 50% in weight. He is getting too heavy for his mama.

Shots still don't bother him nearly as much as putting him in his crib when he doesn't wanna be there..how dare us! I am working tonight, so we came home from his appointment, soaked his nice fat thighs, took some tylenol, put on our pj's and we are both settling in for a nice winter's nap.

For memories sake, Cooper can sit up when he wants to but he still makes me nervous. He will be having a great time and then as soon as he wants to be done sitting up he will just tip himself right over like he doesn't know it's going to hurt. Luckily so far I have been around to catch him, or I have pillows around him. I'm sure all it will take is one time giving up on that with nothing around him and he will have his lesson learned, but it sure will be sad!

HE loves to be sung too which is one of my favorite things right now since cuddle time is already starting to decrease during the day. His toy bucket has officially became more fun then my lap. Unfortunately I realize when I sing to him how horrible my voice is now compared to when I was younger! I swear I can't even carry a tune anymore..good thing Cooper still loves it! He likes this teddy bear lullaby that my grandma always sings and we insert his name, usually it puts him right to sleep, especially in the car.

HE also likes to hold hands, even his own. He has started following people hands, he always grabs my hands and holds on so tight to my fingers. Yesterday morning I saw him staring at his own hand and then grabbing it and holding on with the other. HE also even held hands with the doctor and nurse today and we have to pry his grip off peoples fingers. Who knew fingers could be so cool?
Cooper is a loud breather, he is energetic and curious. I love listening to his breathing so deeply in concentration playing with his toys. He is just so sweet right now I can't imagine him ever being any other way. Possibly I think a few nights ago at about 1:30 when he woke up for no reason I ALMOST imagined it, but not quite :)

Shawn is just working away getting soo close to being done! WE are still trying to decide where we will be once he finishes. It's true, we talk sometimes about how we wish we were possibly moving somewhere to start med school now instead of waiting a year. But, Shawn is loving the extra time he has with Cooper, and the extra time at work that he wouldn't have had otherwise. Maybe someone else knows us and our life plan better then we know for ourselves?? That's not surprising at all. For now we are happy just doing our thing..and I am still just proud to have both of these two in my family.

What an entertaining six months it has been with little Coop.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how old he looks & everything that he is doing now! I love reading updates about him. That second picture of him in his suspenders is way too cute. We miss all of you! And I'll remind you once again that Shawn can always come to school in Mexico. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh your little guy is so stinking cute! LOVE his little outfit. I just can't get over how cute he is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's getting so big! He's gonna be taller than you before you know it! He is the best dressed little man I have ever seen... love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! I love that family picture of you guys, such a great pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash if my little girl decides to go for younger men...please save Coop for her. I'm dying...he is so adorable. And the suspenders...are you kidding. awww!

    ReplyDelete