Monday, January 30, 2012

Early riser

This little boy is up before the sun almost everyday. Seven am is late for us. I thought I was an early riser once upon a time, until I met this boy. He is ready to attack the day at 6 am. It's something I love about him (if only I didn't have to get up to!) He will jump and jump and jump in his little bouncer like it's two in the afternoon. Nothing cracks me up more then walking in his pitch dark room and seeing the whites of his big huge eyes staring up at me, like "c'mon Mom let's go!"
As you can see this is not a new thing. The more I see other babies the more I realize Cooper never just slept for hours on end while he was passed from person to person. Point proven..

Last week I rolled over when I heard the energetic wake up call from his bedroom. I tried to pretend for a second that it wasn't happening. Shawn had the grand idea to go out to breakfast at the little pancake house down the street that I have definitely fallen for lately. We wiped the sleep from our eyes in a little almost empty diner at a booth for three.

A sleepy eyed booth for three, beats a bright eyed booth for two I suppose.

But please bless our next little babe to be a wonderful natural born sleeper.

4 comments:

  1. oh ashley he is darling! I am hoping my 3rd kid is the good sleeper... heres to hoping for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures Ashley! I loved reading this because I love going in to get Leon when he wakes up and his little head is bobbing up with his big blue eyes just so ready to be awake and alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish we were next door neighbors so we could go to this cute little place together.. Hope we can still play games tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I am with ya on the our next being a natural born sleeper or should I say napper!!! Tanner also wakes up between 6-7 every day and that used to be late for me as well and now... its like putting Tanner to bed at 7:30 and him waking up then is just not enough time for me to recoup! Good thing our little guys are so stinkin cute, it sure makes it a little easier.

    ReplyDelete