Monday, January 2, 2012

So fresh, SO clean

There is something in my weirdly overly sentimental brain that seems pretty darn exciting about three hundred and sixty five days of untouched time. 365 mornings to wake up and (in a perfect world) work out and therefore feel pretty productive for the rest of the day. 365 nights to kiss two boys goodnight, turn off the lights and walk through a dimly lit house being grateful for its simple homey peacefulness. Hundreds of nights to excitedly welcome the hubby home from work and settle down with American Idol, Hundreds of days to re-commit to self improvement, working out, being a better mom, friend, sibling, wife,blah blah blah. Gives me a headache sometimes.

There is also something in the overly sentimental brain that hates to say goodbye to the 365 days that have flown past in a blur. We loved 2011. We spent a lot of days living up our last moments pre-Coop. We met a new little person who we can't now imagine being without. We spent a lot of nights awake with a precious sleepless babe, and a lot of mornings at work with dazed groggy eyes. Welcome to parenthood people.
We tried to achieve a few new goals, and let me tell ya somewhere in the chaos we don't even recall what our resolutions for 2011 were in the first place. Did we even make any? who knows. But that's why today we woke up to a shiny brand new clean year and laced up our shoes ready to start so fresh and so clean. We even wrote down our goals this time, let's see if the helps!

I worked on New Year's Eve this year. I almost got to come home early, and then it fell through. Like a dagger to the heart. I made sure everyone I saw that night knew that I was SO close to leaving early and I was now SO disappointed. Unfortunately this year for us the first day of the New Year rang in with a nice long nap. I woke up with first and foremost some Diet Coke, followed with a sip of Martinellis. It ended with cuddle time for three on the couch, and two New Year's kisses.

Cheers to 365 new untouched days of adventure yet to be had.

For the record-first pic of 2012, post three hour family naptime.

1 comment:

  1. You and your little family are adorable! I just love reading your posts because you make them so fun to read!! I hope you and your little family have the best year every!

    ReplyDelete