Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Memories.

This was the first year we didn't dress up for Halloween. How lame. I have to admit dressing up is WAY more fun. I thought I was going to have to work Halloween night, so we crossed a party off our list. Then at the last minute my shift was traded. I was happy to have a bonus night at home with two pretty fun people, but a little disappointed we missed out on our opportunity to dress up and party this year! In the end, this is what our Halloween consisted of..

If you can't tell, he despised this monkey suit.
We laid Cooper on his blanket while we went to finish making dinner. Surprise! He rolled over, we were not even expecting it-he has never tried before, and we kind of forgot he would be doing that someday. I was bursting with pride, I wanted to call and text several people and I stopped myself. I realized I need some self control, and every baby rolls over, it's not that awesome. Ironic that I'm now posting it on my blog right? oh well I had to. GO COOP!
The monkey suit made it a little harder..

Shawn bought the candy this year on his way home from work. Salt water taffy, bit-o-honeys, and airheads. No Chocolate?! Seriously, that's like trick-or-treat at the nursing home-I actually know because I have done it. Anyway, I let him know salt water taffy is not really for this generation of trick or treaters, and he just laughed because he just got whatever was the cheapest. The usual for us. At least I'm not tempted by any candy leftovers!

We put Coop to bed and turned on our recent addiction, Friday Night Lights. We fell asleep in the front room in a bed made on the floor, and stayed up late, just because it was a holiday so we could. Shawn spilled his Dr. Pepper not once, but TWICE. Two huge brown spots on our carpet. I just laughed this time, because the carpet cleaner ditched me last week, therefore he we will be back this week and it will all be taken care of.

I started making an orange burlap wreath from pinterest with my sister. It was so cute, she finished hers (unlike me) and I love it! Her house was all decked out for Halloween, as usual and it totally set the mood. I have been in kind of a weird mind set this Halloween. It's like all I care about right now is Cooper and his little everyday happenings. I didn't decorate much, I didn't put together any great costumes, it didn't actually feel like Halloween at our house. I am ready to NOT make that same mistake this Thanksgiving and Christmas.
So, after three months of being in my own little place, I am welcoming myself back into the world.. it's sad, but it's about time.
Not only did Jaimee's house look adorable, she went all out with Sophie's oompa loompa costume. Of course it couldn't have possibly been cuter.
We have been loving this weather. Out street is amazing this time of year. We found this house in the fall, and I was sold. This little place has squeaky floors that wake up a sleeping baby, it has closets seriously the size of a small linen closet in our old apartment, and our bathroom literally doesn't even have enough space for a straightener and a tooth brush on the counter at the same time. Welcome to the 1920's. It's the old fashioned charm that I love, despite a few things that drive me insane.

This is Cooper seriously staring at ESPN one night. It was hilarious. He acted like he was on the edge of his seat and this lasted a good ten minutes. We were laughing so hard. He looks so cute right after his bath, he still has those tight little curls that I love when he gets out, but his hair is much lighter then it used to be, it changes all the time so we'll see.

I have always loved fall-but this year I have more to love. I love Coopers cold rosy nose and cheeks, his big smile, and his little kicking feet getting excited over every little thing. I love cuddling up with Shawn after a long day knowing Cooper is safe and sound tucked peacefully in his bed. Speaking of Cooper's bed, he apparently seems to hate sleeping. He fights it like you would not believe. Have I said that I love being a mom? I actually had no idea I would love it this much, sleep deprived or not.

We have lots to look forward to, and lots to be grateful for as we look back on another year that has flown right on by. Happy fall to anyone who stumbles upon our little blog.

3 comments:

  1. Love his little costume. He is growing so fast..developing such a cute little personality already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, aren't little boys so much fun? He sure is cute Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun. He sure is a cutie. I love the picture of him and Soph in costume. Bummer we were lame this year too--soo much more fun when you dress up-next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete