Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cooper's big day

We blessed our little boy Coop over labor day weekend. It was an amazing day. The whole family peacefully made it out the door right on time-with full bellies [not usually team Allen style]-Fortunately we had lots of help from Grandma. Cooper was a little angel, he was wide awake all during sacrament meeting and he didn't make a peep. He made us proud. He had a little heart to heart with grandma before the big day.
I was trying to go the cheapest route possible and I got him some pin stripe suit pants with a white shirt on sale at Baby Gap. The pants were way too big. Finally I just threw in the towel and bought him the real deal. I was so happy I did. He looked so cute in all white- and I will save that little outfit forever and ever. Shawn had to teach that morning, when he first saw Cooper all dressed in white looking so official he looked away from us for a sec and had to "take a minute" as he calls it. I think that's man language for something I'm not supposed to be talking about. But seriously, how precious is this little face?

I was so excited anticipating this big event..There was just one time when I was pregnant that I heard a blessing of a baby boy. I actually did pathetically lose it-hearing way too much about all the grown up things this boy would do, naturally I thought about my own boy growing up (and he wasn't even born yet, how illogical is that) I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones! We kept it together, and I was an overly proud wife and mother for the day. We had a lunch after with a whole bunch of people that we love, and who all love our new little boy. Cooper is lucky.

With neither of us being raised here, we miss things about our hometowns sometimes. BUT, once upon a time I moved away from home for the first time. I didn't know one person in the huge town of Provo, actually pretty much within a two hour radius! I knocked on the door of King Henry #110, and these cute/adorable/wonderful faces opened the door..I got super lucky. They taught me about life in the big city, and gave me directions to the grocery store, and parallel parked my car when I didn't know how. And now these people are some of my closest friends, and they will be forever and ever! Two of my cute roomies are missing in this pic, but they were there in spirit..
Shawn's family came clear from Arizona, My mom came from Idaho and they all did so much to help us get ready. Tyler was the only brother that could be there, so we were very grateful for good friends who could stand in in place of our brothers, and fill the role so well..

Coop was worn out by the end of the day. So he relaxed in a muscle shirt with Aunt Melissa, and cuddled with his new little GIRL cousin to be in her tiny belly.
At the end of the day we tucked Cooper in bed, and we had a little pillow chat about how grateful we were for so many different things, and so many amazing people. I love pillow chats that go in that direction. I wish we had gotten a group picture with everyone, but we never did :(

On a whole different note-
Cooper loves this wall in our house.
It is behind the couch that I feed him on during the day and he just stares
at it the whole time. Now that I'm looking at it I DO realize there are a few frames that need straightening-ah, what the heck, we have been preoccupied. Cooper stares at this wall constantly [Shawn says he gets his staring problem from his mom. oops, I know it's true-other peoples lives just seem to fascinating not to watch sometimes.] Last week Coop tried to say a few words to "his wall". It was hilarious. He made some squeaks with his new-found voice and then jumped and looked around like he had no idea where the noise was coming from. It was very entertaining.

Someday I will blog about something besides my Cooper. But honestly, he is just 7 weeks old. We are still in the honeymoon phase of being obsessed with his every move. There is a very good chance that someday I will [heaven forbid] be slightly annoyed at something this boy does. There is also a good chance that no one really cares about these little details of our life except us, and even if that's the case this record will still be worth it someday-If you made it this far, bear with us..please :)

1 comment:

  1. I WANT to hear every detail! I wish we lived in the same place so that I could see Cooper in person all the time! Kylee talks about all of you constantly & says every 2 or 3 days, "I go to Ashley's house. See Cooper. Shawn." And then she reminds me about the big "owie" she got at your house when she fell on the sidewalk and wants me to kiss her foot better. :) We are sorry that we couldn't be there for Cooper's blessing. He sure does look extremely handsome in his white outfit! Love all of you.

    ReplyDelete