Friday, September 30, 2011

24, 2 months old, and back to work!

Happy Birthday to me!! Woohoo. I love birthdays. I turned 24 a few days ago and I had a wonderful, relaxing day. Most of my day was spent with Little Coop, I went to lunch with my family, and had endless shrimp at Red Lobster with Shawn for my birthday dinner. It was mellow and calm, just what we needed after 2 nights of rough sleep. I have missed Shawn (although he has been here the whole time) It's a weird thing. I miss our quality time..so we put Coop to bed a little early and just plain enjoyed each other's company on my birthday night. Here's a little family pic on my bday, Cooper wasn't looking at the camera, of course. It's really hard to take pictures by ourselves of the whole family now! I may or may not have been waiting for an excuse to wear red lipstick..I thought Red Lobster on my birthday was as close as it gets. I have to be honest, pretty sure I can't pull it off too well. Actually at all. So what? The people that can pull it off I am really jealous of. I think I might try it again someday, maybe tonight?

We went to Idaho the weekend before my birthday, it's pretty much tradition. It's between mine and Abby's birthday weeks, and so I usually like to go up and celebrate with her. We go to my grandma's almost every year to ride their fourwheelers and eat some good food..my mom and I scored at some garage sales as well. She is somehow the best at garage sales! I love going home.



Cooper is 2 months old today!! Where does time go. It makes me sad. He got his shots this morning :( He was very brave and didn't cry too much, but made a seriously seriously sad bottom lip pouty face. I would have probably rather him scream, it broke my heart! He is 90% percentile in height, and about 60% or 70% in weight, I already can't remember the exact number. Regardless, he is pretty much currently huge. Especially coming from my family of shorties. I love him, even though he eats all day every day.

I am heading back to work this weekend! I am going to work 2 nights a week- please wish me luck!! I am extremely nervous. I am basically nervous about everything..leaving Cooper, remembering how to be a nurse again, and having the energy to stay up 12 hours all night two nights in a row. I am nervous that my job will not bring the same joy to me as it did before, because I understand more how a parent might feel seeing their child in the hospital. I am nervous that I will look at little boys and see my Cooper in them, and be significantly more sad then I was before. I will be extremely happy next week when my first shifts are already behind me! I am grateful that I have a job where Shawn can be home at night while I work. I think they are both going to love when I'm gone and they can make a mess and love them some male bonding-espn and hot wings time.

Our life is busy these days, and we live for 7 or 8 pm when we can finally hang out together after dinner for a few hours before bed. Shawn has take Cooper on a few runs with the jogging stroller, sometimes I follow behind. There is pretty much no way I could run and push the stroller at the same time..yet. I can't tell if I'm just not coordinated enough or don't have enough stamina, either way I see these moms at the park who are my role models. The other day this tiny mom was pushing TWO two year old twins..show off. I'm workin on it.

Cooper currently loves his bouncer, going on walks,and being sung too. Very manly. This is his favorite spot to sit in the mornings when it's sunny out.

We took a turn for the worst with sleeping patterns in Idaho and since we got back. Let's just say we were getting up about every hour..we are finally getting back on track. Oh well..we make each other happy. Everything else we are still working on..

7 comments:

  1. oh he is so stinkin cute! I personally LOVE the red lipstick and you guys are like the model family! I'm sure the sleeping will get back on track...I'm slowly learning that babies just have bad nights just like we do.. I think sometimes I forget that they are human as well. He is growing so well...its great! Good luck at work! You will do great. I'm sure that you will miss Coop like crazy, but atleast you know that Shawn will be there and he isn't in day care or with someone strange. and...thanks for the advice on FB. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash you can totally pull off that red lipstick!! I was going to comment on it even before you brought it up. And I KNOW you will be that mom in the park running and pushing her kids in the jogging stroller because I don't think you have ever set your mind to something that you haven't achieved. Hopefully this winter we can go to some spin classes again too :) Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper is so cute I can hardly stand it! The pic of him smiling is the best. Love and miss you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that you set him in front of the front door in the mornings! So cute. And totally weird...but Shawn looks like Stetson in that pic of him with the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully I will see you at work sometimes when you come back even though we will be on different shifts! That is a great picture of Cooper :). You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a priceless picture of Cooper smiling! He looks so stinkin' cute! Good luck going back to work!

    ReplyDelete