Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sweet September..

My beloved boots have already been over worn, the sweaters are right back nice and cozy where they belong and..Shawn's backpack is back in all it's glory right in the middle of our front room 24/7. Fall is creeping on in..I love September. We have spent some time exploring the hiking trails around our new place, we have had some company, and we enjoyed the state fair Utah style (not to be confused or mixed up with Idaho style..they are very different things)

We hiked antelope island with a few buffalo on labor day:

Shawn enjoyed it I think-




I babysat Sophie last week and found her knocked out while I tried to sneak a shower. I must be really fun..

We did dress her up and take some ridiculously cute pictures..which was easy because she is so cute anyway. I'm not bias

I hiked in Neff's canyon with Shawn's mom a few weeks ago when they so kindly came to visit us. And we had not the first, and not the last of many chicken grillings at the lovely park by our house.




We went to the Utah state fair with our dear friends, and locked ourselves out at 1 am later that night..


Throughout all the fun, September has to bring with it some nostalgic thinking..It reminds me of driving home in my Focus from high school down the long middle of nowhere road to Burton, and running inside as fast as I could to watch Oprah with my mom on her bed. And being offended if by chance she was ever unable to be home when I walked in the door from school.

But this year it just so happens that I am loving September for the 23rd time in my life. And while I'm at it I am watching Oprah for the first time in a very long time as I type this. And I miss my mom. When I came home from work today I felt like my house might possibly be almost close to smelling like my mom's house does in the fall. And it was the most inviting smell I have came home to in a long time.

Thank you September for coming back ever year. We will enjoy you every second until you leave..


Happy Fall...

6 comments:

  1. For some reason fall reminds me of Rexburg and all of the things that you were talking about maybe I wasn't mad at your mom for not being at my house but I love love love fall. I love fall in Rexburg the most. The excitement of going back to school, football games, and all the holidays coming. Fall in Rexburg is so beautiful too. It makes me miss cheerleading and old friends like you. I really want to see you sometime. Jaimee and Jenna are coming here next week so I will come there and go to lunch there in a couple weeks and you should come. Sophie is so cute. I really think she is like the cutest little thing. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures! And Sophie is ADORABLE! I MISS YOU & SHAWN SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, you have such a way of making things sound so cozy and pleasant. I love reading your posts... except for the fact it makes me jealous of the way you write :) And I totally agree with you and Kenzie. Oh the glorious times of high school haha. I love September too, and good friends! (and I Miss driving down that Burton road!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post. Your so good at writing, and you seriously make everything sound so perfect. And I totally agree, fall is quickly becoming my favorite season. September can just stay forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ashley- You REALLY DO have a talent with writing! I loved your update! And I always love your updates!I love the pictures! You are gorgeous! and I agree... fall is the best!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete