Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer Glance

We are back from Arizona, and settling in to Salt Lake City. We are having withdrawals. From Shawn's family, from our niece and nephew, from late night Rook, and built in perma-friends. We loved our summer and it flew by too fast! I have to admit I made myself very useful by the pool with my book. I have great in-laws. Thanks for more things then I could list on a blog page..We love you guys!

Before we came home we celebrated our very first, one and only, ANNIVERSARY!! We left for only 48 hours. We drove only 6 hours to the California coast, but somehow it became more fun then our 6 day Cabo cruise honeymoon. I have to admit our honeymoon was unique in the fact that certain life circumstances made me (not proudly) the world's biggest marriage chicken bride in the ENTIRE world. Our honeymoon included night sweats, hyperventilating, and don't worry, severe chest pain. Shawn is a brave soul to not try to jump out with a 24 hour cancellation deal or something.

This year we had none of that. This year around August 7th I had pathetic tears of being overly-happy, one too many times. I am so very lucky to be married. I love every single second I can soak in with just Shawn and I. Shawn knows if he ever wants me to do anything, all he has to say is.."ya and it'll be just me and you"..and I jump all over it. Even if it's watching ESPN, or going to the driving range. On our actual anniversary we ate fresh seafood, and relaxed at Newport beach. That night we watched the Disneyland fireworks, and walked up and down the lit up streets of Downtown Disney.




The next day we spent a lazy afternoon watching sailboats float by at Venice Beach, and took a walk along the Santa Monica pier. Shawn bought me a $1 beach bracelet that I have become severely attached to..For me it was the perfect cheapo weekend..just me and my boy.

Finally, to start off our new year second year of marriage we moved back to Utah, this time to a new place-Sugarhouse. It's a little far from our comfort zone of Draper/South Jordan but it's so close to school and work we couldnt' resist. Last weekend we had our friends over to play games with us in our house full of boxes-they are adorable and they reminded us what we already knew..we're gonna miss this life someday. The college life, the one car, the ridiculously easy life of just the two of us. It's very true, are we ever going to miss it! So, washer/dryer, microwave, dishwasher,dresser and second car-you can all wait, we don't need you! Trust me, we are excited for the day we have all those things! But for now, we are fine walking to the park and eating $2 taco bell meals while we get to hold hands..For now, we can think about how wonderful it is that at least for the current split second time being, life can be and currently is, just plain SIMPLE. That doesn't happen too often. Here's our new little beauty, in all it's little charming simplicity. Welcome back to the 30's. Just needs a little TLC-


Plus, I could never complain about being back in Utah knowing I am going to see this little face at my leisure..

8 comments:

  1. Your anniversary eh? Those are a lot of fun, but it makes me realize how fast time flies! This year (in a few months) it will be our 3rd anniversary. Woah, woah, woah. I agree with what you said about being plain and simple...sometimes, that's when I'm happiest :)

    I miss you girl, but I love reading your posts so you better do it a little more often. Your new house looks really cute too.
    Love, ASH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we MISS you! Your house is so cute! And I loved hearing what you did on your anniversary. For some reason I never thought to ask about the details in person. :) Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley.... Your blog is my most favorite one to read!! Your house is so very cute I am jealous me and Brek drive around up there sometimes and just wish so bad we lived there!! You are one lucky girl!! And I am so glad you had such a fun anniversary, I know what ya mean about the honeymoon but I have to say I might have ya beat on being the chicken bride! haha You guys look so happy! and I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash you're home!! I love your cute new house and I'm jealous of your super fun summer.. Let's get together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is so cute! I love it, you two are adorable and i'm glad you had a good anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you guys had such a fun summer. You will miss being by yourselves. Every part of life is fun but it is so fun to just be the two of you. I love reading your blog because you always look at the happy side of things. Your house is so cute. We moved to a old little house in Logan and I think they have so much character! Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugarhouse is awesome--you will love it there. And your house is really cute! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so excited you live in sugar house. i love it there. we got engaged at liberty park. love it! and we would LOVE to come to a bbq. maybe in like 2 weeks? what do you think?

    ReplyDelete