Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Plane Tickets, Track Meets, Football games....

Last week we had a little bit of company. It's about time! Shawn's family came and stayed with us and we watched his little brother Aaron run track at BYU. Aaron is amazing we are excited to watch him run more this year!! we played games, ate good food, and had a usual good old fashioned really fun time with his family.


Besides company our life has been so wonderful with the three day weekend as well as the huge long break from Shawn's school. Shawn just had to go back last Monday and I had to adjust to not having an errand partner on all my days off . Unfortunately our time together has been spent mainly watching the Cardinal's football games, and the Sun's basketball games. Since when did I all the sudden have to become an Arizona sports fan?? Maybe it's since Idaho doesn't a team to support so I think I can feel good about it.
I am only a fan for short periods of time, and then I am secretly happy when the Cardinals lose in the playoffs so I can stop watching it every spare second..I try to be a very good sport, and I actually like it just a little when Shawn acts like he needs me to watch with him(which is kinda rare) and when he cares about my input and calls me his "teammate"



This weekend Jaimee my mom and I are flying out to El Paso, Texas to attend our niece Olivia's Princess third birthday party, and to see Josh before he gets deployed to Afghanistan the end of next month. I am soo excited to see Josh and his kids. I am also excited to be on a trip with Jaimee and my mom. It will be fun for us to all be together and I am always up to visit anywhere new! I have never been to Texas before. I have also never spent more then twelve hours away from Shawny boy. I'm hoping I can make it four days! Fortunately I will be in very good company. See ya when we get back!

8 comments:

  1. Cute pictures from the track meet! I might steal one for my blog. :) I hope you have a fun trip this weekend. Good luck being apart from each other! You & Shawn will probably definitely appreciate each other more because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that comment was from me...not Lincoln. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH you will love Texas... It will be a lot warmer then here! (well I guess your in Utah, so I'm speaking for us Idahoans up here) Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! Have fun in Texas! When Austin and I went over Christmas we were expecting nice, warm weather and it snowed twice! Lame. Enjoy the time off work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet, Olivia's princess party! There's definitely perks to having girls! So fun that you get to see Josh and his kids! And how fun you have a bro-in law that runs for BYU! I have a friend who long jumps. I'd love to go to their track meets. Speaking of which, do you remember you running track for like a day in Middle School? Or even better running all over the Burg for VB?? hahaha we were in tears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! We would love to do something soon. Maybe ice skating in Salt Lake next week?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley... You guys are the cutest couple. I love looking at your blog. And you are so cute in every picture. You need to post about your fun trip. I will see you at Jaimee's shower and if you need me to do anything I would love to. I love the hat headband. I might get your number from Jaimee and have you buy me one and I will pay you. I really want one and I can't find one here. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude i dont get it. my blog feeder always says you're updating new posts, but i can't view them!

    ReplyDelete