Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye 2009!

I got put on call New Year's Eve. Yahoo! We went to a party with some of our neighbors and some new friends in our ward..after that we finished up the night with some of the people we love the most to ring in the New Year...Here's a picture taken right at twelve as we watched the ball drop with our Martinelli's..no thanks to my piece of crap old camera.


And here is the way we finished strong the year 2009..
Sonja's wedding. She looked gorgeous!! I love her. No one knows the bond two exhausted nursing students can form in the middle ot a ten hour cramming session. It only strengthened as we were exhausted construction workers for a summer in Nome,Alaska as well as when we walked the streets of Tonga in search of edible food. I will always love her pearly white smile for all it saw me through haha..

During Christmas break we had tin foil dinners in the Arizona desert with Holly and Stetson and Whitney and Mike. These are two of my favorite girls of all time. We finished our night with Rock Band in honor of sleepless nights at King Henry. RIP Apt 110.





We also obsessed over our new niece Kylee. Shawn informed that I had to share him while we were in Arizona with Kylee, but that he still loved me just as much as he always has. haha he loves Kylee and we are thrilled to have her cute face in the family. WE can't wait to see her be sealed to her parents in March. We love you miss Kylee..with all our hearts :)


Our Christmas in Arizona was so fun, I love being around Shawn's entertaining family. I was a little homesick on Christmas..but thought I was brave until I started hearing my mom's phone ring and waiting for her to say hello. Then I remembered how much I missed her face on christmas morning and couldn't hold it in any longer..these are just some of the faces that cheered me up. Just for the record in case Shawn's dad ever stumbles across this..he really is tough enough to wear pink. I sure love him-they always make me laugh, homesick or not.



This a picture of us last year snowboarding in Jackson right after New Year's..lots has changed since then!! That's back when we weren't poor married people..and oh it was soo very fun. but I'd still rather be married and broke.


hope everyone had a great new year's!! see ya in 2010.

3 comments:

  1. yep you definitely saw me, because i saw you! i looked right at you! i was going to say hi--but you looked away and walked off and had no expression on your face so i figured you didn't recognize me (how could that be?). and yes i was with my mother in law and spencer...we came home to idaho and az for christmas (my family is in idaho, his is in az). so you weren't going crazy after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so warm in Arizona! It was good to see you the other day at work! Sorry we couldn't talk more, I swear it is always busy down there on fake ICS. Your niece is adorable! have a good week, hopefully I will see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! What a great 2009 year.. I hope I can see you sometime during 2010! And I love your cute white headband where did you get it! (that baby is super adorable by the way)

    ReplyDelete