Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Surprise..

This Christmas I got a Christmas present from an actual husband of my very own which is still WEIRD to think about. However, I underestimated the boy. Shawn has been doing research all semester and he definitely does not do it for the money, I am a witness of that. He studies long hours and works soo hard, and I would rather him not have a job because I already don't see him enough!! however that definitely leaves us with limited funds.

I wasn't expecting much of a Christmas present, if anything-because I knew he has been so busy with finals. I didn't know until recently that my poor boy was donating plasma (and even passed out), worked for his dad in Arizona, and found little ways to pull together quite a stash for...a Cannon Rebel xti camera. Impressive is it not?? It was a present even worthy of tears..He worked really hard for the money, and that means more to me then a camera ever will. We haven't gone to get it yet..but we are many steps closer then we ever were before.

I am trying to rediscover my creative brain..currently my brain only works in reading and science...any advice on how to use the thing is welcome.

I am so sad that today is the last day of 2009, I have come to grow very fond of this year. It was the year we were married, the year I freaked out and we almost didn't get married, the year I realized I'm so happy I didn't freak out one step further and ruin it all, the year we decorated our own apartment and stayed up all night hanging pictures on the walls, the year we went to sleep starving some nights because I can't cook, the year I received amazing in-laws, the year I had to work full time ALL year, the year we bought hand me down couches that we love, the year I finally enjoyed living close to the city and started feeling completely at home somewhere besides Idaho.

2009 had those days where I woke up on the wrong side of the bed..the days where I thought life was over and couldn't get any worse, the days we were really poor, the days full of final exams and final senior papers...Regardless of the circumstances, I'm grateful for the memories of this year. Here's to the end of 2009. It's over whether we are welcoming it out the door, or wishing it would stay. 2009 is a year of the past, Happy NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Ash! That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard about your hubby saving up for a new camera!! Sounds like you caught a pretty good guy. Can't wait to meet him one day! ha Glad you two had a great Christmas and such an eventful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same camera! It is fantastic! Don't ever hesitate to use the auto settings. They work great. We should have had a good camera when we first got married....here I 50 yrs, old and am just now getting a decent camera! Document your lives you love birds!

    ReplyDelete