Monday, October 19, 2009

Free Time??

Free Time. What the heck is that anyway? I think it is something that nursing school may have unintentionally robbed me of...and then Primary Children's training took over from there and sucked up whatever small seconds remained. FINALLY after a year and a half at the hospital things have slightly calmed and I am actually feeling like I can trust myself as a nurse. FINALLY I finished my Bachelors degree right before Shawn and I got married. Which means, after three and half very long years I am so ecstatic to admit that the words Free Time are sneaking back into my vocabulary.
Now I will become a better friend and a better family member, now I will clean my house better and keep my closet walk-inable (ya right). Now I will not fall asleep in the middle of listening to the stories of people I love (many of you have witnessed this)It almost seems to good to be true.
On the other hand, I realized when I went to Tonga and visited such a relaxed island, that unfortunately I am not one who can stand free time and low stress. As much as I wish I could I secretly think I thrive off of it. I have developed a few ideas to suck this free time right up..

Scrapbooking..I am so behind but my sister and mother-in-law have just given me VERY fun new things so I can't wait to catch up.

Photography Workshop..As soon as I can I am planning to sign up for a hopeful workshop with my wedding photographer because her pictures completely inspired me. I have been telling my mom for weeks that I want to get that started..

Babies..NOT ours. within the next few months Shawn and I will have 5new nieces/nephews. We are SOO excited. His sister just adopted the most adorable little girl who already stole our hearts this past week in Arizona. Shawn's other sister Melissa is due in the spring-as well as my sister Jaimee and two of my step sisters. we are so excited.

THE GYM: There are times I have told Shawn I would rather starve for three days then go to the gym for one hour after I have a long day at work! Hopefully, that attitude is out the window now that I have my new friend in my life called Free time..please encourage me.

Anyone have any photo suggestions..or scrapbooking websites..Let me know! I'm posting some pictures soon of our recent trip to Arizona.. Hope everyone is doing great! Thanks all of you for keeping in touch :)

4 comments:

  1. i feel ya. i can't imagine being a nurse. so crazy. i'm a photographer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new post! Its nice to have some free time- Lately though thats ALL I have had (last week I was sick like all week and sat around ALL the dang week) esp with being prego and I felt somewhat useless. :) Good thing it was only a week. Also the whole photography thing I love too. I am trying to get into it-still trying to get my photoshop I purchased working and uploaded. Anyways--SO SUPER DUPER excited for halloween. Jaimee said it was at your place?! Im so excited. Let me know if you want me to bring anything. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, you are so cute! Congrats on your BA too! Thats awesome!
    I dont know if Jaim has told you about the scrapbooking website I showed her and her MOm but its online and SOO nice!! Go to www.adoredmemories.com Copy and paste this (below) in to your browser http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=852970&productId=11&projectSponsor=457785
    and you can see the project Im working on. Beware...its addicting and might start to take up all your free time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I totally understand! Ha I was so excited to not be so busy with school and wedding and working and now I like freak out when I don't have something to do with myself! We'll get better Ash...we just need some more practice.

    ReplyDelete