Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall...

I have to say I am in love with the season of fall. Not only is it my birthday and my cute little sister Abba's birthday (which is always a plus) it also means little kids at our complex start walking up the streets with their backpacks on and new little shoes. The beautiful trees lining the streets show off all different colors and I can't help but stare out the window more often then usual. Our neighbors-Erica and Austin-are the cutest little things I have ever seen walk back from a bus stop. It took us a while to be used to having 5 and 6 year old visitors who thought they were welcome at all times-but now that I am used to it I can't help but love them. Yesterday they knocked on our door dressed as a queen and a bumblebee transformer..The day before that they brought us pumpkins right from the pumpkin patch-Lucky Us! They add excitement to our lives-I need to post pictures of them soon.
Here are a few pics of our fall thus far..Please excuse my hand signs-Shawn is still in this little phase where he loves those-he insists in some pictures I make an A for the "A-team" or A for "ALLEN". A IS apparently our favorite letter, but still I don't think those signs are necessary.




Our drive to ARIZONA was beautiful through the canyons last week. Usually I fall right asleep to the lovely lull of the car no matter how hard I try-but not this time. This trip I stayed awake and had long conversations while we looked at the trees. I really believe that the air smells better in the fall, the mountains are prettier, and my body is happier warmed up in sweaters and boots. I am ready to bring out the pumpkin carving, hot chocolate and potato soup. I have spent all my spare change these past few weeks on autumn leafy garland or pumpkin and apple cider candles. Oh ya and on an extremely cute pumpkin hat for our niece Kylee. Nothing makes me happier then when Shawn comes home from school with Maverik's wonderful pumpkin frozen yogurt and we throw in an episode of Grey's Anatomy. If you haven't tried pumpkin frozen yogurt from Maverik PLEASE do.






oh also..Last night was my dear friend Natasha's birthday and we all went to dinner..it was so fun to be out with all my old roomies and it's so crazy that almost all of us are married!! I love them all oh so much. It was a wonderful night..
This picture is very scary of me and my sweater..but I never get to see them so I have to put it up anyway-for old times sake.
Happy Fall!!!

5 comments:

  1. ASH! you two are just SO cute! I miss you lots and lots I'm glad your doing so great and looking cute LIKE ALWAYS! We need to get together sometime during some of your "free time" ha that you never seem to have, I have WAY to much of it and it's driving me crazy! Anyways love ya girl and let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, just found your blog and read your night shift post. I have been cracking up seeing as how it is 0044 (military time of course) right now. I do the exact same things. Ha so funny.
    Where is your apartment at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo cute! I'm so glad you found my blog...and I'm so glad to know you are close down here in Utah. We're in Provo and I know we always say this, but I would love to see you! Let's do something. Maybe lunch on a Saturday and we can stroll around the mall and wish we could buy things. Or come over for dinner?
    Really...
    Love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ash, congrats on being married! You guys are so cute. That's cool you saw my flower blog. And I saw your cute self on Utah Bride Blog and your wedding was amazing you definetly do not need to redo anything. But thanks for the nice comment, those were actually my colors as well, so that means that you, Kiri and I are just all really cool I guess. Haha. Anyway, I hope everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are the cutest couple. I saw on Jaimee's blog your Halloween party. I wish that I could come. I love how positive you are. You are such a great person Ash. miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete