Thursday, September 3, 2009

So very BLESSED..

Unfortunately, being human, I have in the past had a horrible case of looking around me at the millions of fortunate people in the world and wishing me and Shawn were just slightly more fortunate. Somewhere in the midst of limiting my shopping trips and cutting back on the cell phone minutes I have neglected to find the time to realize all that we have. Instead my mind works like this-we are poor because we have to pay for college, we could buy a house but we have an apartment instead, we could live in a far away country saving lives and having adventures but we are in little old utah and missing Arizona and Idaho.
Since we have been married however, I have been amazed at our many thousands and thousands of blessings and I am proud to realize that I am becoming healed from my natural syndrome, and I will not miss it at ALL when it's gone. Shawn is a great cure because no matter what he thinks life is completely wonderful in his eyes and that in itself is the first reason I am blessed :)
This is the face that I LOVE. the laugh that makes me so happy and the smile that greets me everyday when I walk through the door. The number one thing that I realized about Shawn since we have been married is that he is ALWAYS happy. It is so great for me because when I stress about a million little things-which happens a little too often-Shawn reminds me how great our life really is..I am blessed because I see this everyday.


In my very bias opinion I have to say that my sisters made the cutest bridesmaids a girl could ever ask for. My sisters are my favorite people in the world..I have no idea what I would ever do without them..they were the hugest help for our wedding. Jaimee is my neighbor and keeps my daily life exciting, somewhere in the past 22 years she has become my very best friend. Emily's life keeps everyone entertained because there is never a dull moment, and little awkward Abby is all of our favorite, she has her own little world and we love it. Easy to say I am blessed because I know them..




On the sister note..my new sister Anjane has had the amazing chance to adopt a baby! The whole thing has came together in the past week and half and they should have the baby by Friday. Shawn and I can't wait. They are amazing people and deserve the miracle that came their way. I can't wait to go home to Arizona in October and see our new niece!! It is our first niece on Shawn's side of the family and we can't wait to meet her and somehow we already love her and think she is the cutest thing ever just through pictures sent by cell phone. Someday I will go visit her and put her pictures on here so everyone can see how blessed we are, by the miracle that came to Anjane and Lincoln.

To end a post that is already way too long, I have to say that in the end all of these random thoughts bring me here. This is the place Shawn and I were married and the place that seals the deal for our whole crew to never have to miss out on the blessings that being together provides. It is easy to forget, but even easier to remember the many reason that we are fortunate, lucky, blessed, spoiled, etc etc.

11 comments:

  1. AMEN.
    well said.
    love the wedding photos, absolutely STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Ashley. I love that you love my brother so much & see those things in him! You two are an amazing couple...seriously you are. Thank you SO, SO much for being so supportive and excited for us! Our little girl will love her fun Uncle Shawn & Aunt Ashley so much! Love you guys tons!
    -Anj

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Ash, we both are still the same way... stress cases! Glad you found someone chill to help you out. (Pat never seems to worry either) Love the pics! Especially the temple one! Glad you're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post Ashley! I know how you feel about getting married and feeling like you have no money, not fun haha! It will get better! Your pics are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sweet Ash, I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and Shawn. I hope you realize how many people you've touched in your life and who looks up to you because I was blown away at your shower. So many people love you and who you are as a person it's amazing! And now you have Shawn :) You both look so happy and I wish you the very best. Keep in touch please! You are too good of a friend to not keep up. Sure do miss you....
    Love, Ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. ASH! My email is ash.felixcat@gmail.com

    What's yours?
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley--you are gorgeous!!! Now that we have that out of the way...It was so good to see you last night and talk to you for a minute! I want to come down and see your apartment and bring you your wedding present, let me know when is a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what an uplifting post I love it! I'm glad we will sort of be neighbors! We'll have to get together sometime when we move down there! I hope things are going great for you both you deserve it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley! I love it and it's so good to hear about your wonderful married life! Yay I'm so glad we can get updated on eachother's lives now...if i can keep figuring this blog thing out. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me be the oldest person to leave a comment on your blog! Congrats to you and your new hubby and life together. Ron and I are so happy for you both. Enjoy the ride and make every moment a memory!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley you are just beautiful!!! I love every single one of your pictures!!! You just look so happy! And we live in Salt Lake so me you and Roz should do something!! I am so happy for you! Married life is the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete