Monday, August 24, 2009

New Beginnings

We are home. We are married and back to reality! As soon as I get internet in my apartment I can't wait to download our wedding pictures which I love. Our photographer Julie Parker was so amazing. I have to throw that in. But I am absolutely not talking about the wedding anymore I am SO relieved to have it over..so moving on.

Shawn had his first day of school today at the University of Utah. I am so proud! he is taking 19 very hard credits but he is really smart. I have been lucky enough to never have to be in our apartment without him because before he started school he was always home waiting for me after work. Today I was so sad when he walked out the door with his back pack on..I have to admit I even shed a few tears when I was all alone on my couch at 8am. I'm not used to it. But I'm excited for him and I Love our apartment so I survived..hopefully more to come soon

oh ya! one thing. I cooked my first meal last night..and we had our first company. The meat was quite dry but I was still extremely proud. Also, I have been vacuuming and cleaning and setting up the house and I was surprised that I actually love it. Although, when I vacuum I have mostly only been accumulating fruity pebbles from my cereal loving husband. That shows I obviously need to feed him more. I'm working on it and I'm trying..

6 comments:

  1. ohh CONGRATS!! how is it being married so far, i'm so sad I wasn't able to come, but I've seen your pictures on facebook and your looked so beautiful! i'm so excited for you both..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm so glad you are enjoying being a little house wife... I must say my excitement for cleaning my little house did wear off! I certainly hope yours doesn't! I'm glad everything went well for you two!! The pics I have seen are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. too funny. i'm so happy for you guys. can't wait to see pix of the apartment!!! coming soon!! your wedding photos are FAB p.s.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the pic you sent my mom of Shawn with his backpack on...so cute! :) I'm so proud of you for learning how to cook! I remember being SO overwhelmed when we got married because I HATED cooking and was trying to learn to love it. It's still not my most favorite thing, but I don't dislike it now. As far as cleaning...you're way ahead of me! The Fruity Pebbles comment made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything was fantastic for your wedding! Well done on cooking AND having company over to eat. That's exciting. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute posts! I loved that pic you sent me of little Shawn with his backpack on for school. haha. You have become quite the little housewife I am impressed! You guys apartment is so so cute. and I LOVE your wedding pics.

    See ya tonight at spinnerific.
    Jaima

    ReplyDelete