Monday, September 17, 2012

My Happy Place.

My happy place.
This is it, and these are them.



 After twenty four hours of hospital craziness seemed like a little too much for one nurse (who doesn't work much) in one weekend- these two were here waiting.  I woke up to pizza and cookies coming out of the oven, a diet coke, and a house freshly cleaned (you know, that special kind of cleaning that husbands do). We took a trip to Silver Lake, one of my most favorite places this time of year in Utah. We chatted about things that best friends can chat about while we walked around the entire lake. We drove home with the setting sun, and a sleepy baby. My heart felt completely full. 

And I realized, that my shifts seemed so far away, although I had just been charting at 7am. That's what going to a happy place can do for a person.

  
And so I decided while walking around the lake, that I have a great team--when four teeth are coming at once, when homework takes 2 hours too long, when life disappoints, when it's freezing outside, when it's 90 degrees, when you can't keep your eyes open for even one more second, when you get that letter that you have been waiting on for years, when you think that tomorrow couldn't be any worse then today, when it feels like everything you have ever wanted in life is finally happening, when we have extra money to dream about blowing, when the budget is tight and we can barely afford gas, when the leaves change, when the sun comes up on little Sugarhouse main, when the air smells like pumpkin, or cinnamon, or sunscreen--
When Sunday night calls for popcorn and brownies and a movie,
When Saturday is full of chores, when Monday seems depressing, when Friday night plans give butterflies..



 


Being together is our happy place. We are here together to make life just the best it can be for each other. We can block out the long days, and obsess over the good ones. We can lock the door and eat treats and not let anybody in. We can celebrate or survive, because we have each other. Thank goodness for family.



2 comments:

  1. I love your posts. You & Shawn are so great together! And Coop is insanely cute, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley that was such a cute post! I totally agree, family is my happy place too. I will miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete