Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Moving up..

Remember once upon a time, when we strapped in a little teeny seven pounder and headed home from the hospital as a real life family?? Remember how I was too scared to drive to Jaimee's because I felt like something might happen to such a tiny piece of precious cargo (and I am not known to be an overly safe driver all the time). Remember when he couldn't even hold his head up in that carseat, and we tightened the straps about 500 times, and Shawn magically changed from the world's most laid back to the world's most paranoid? Remember last week on our roadtrip to AZ how the straps were completely loosened and somebody's fat rolls and long legs were still spilling over on every end!?

Remember how just exactly one year ago this month, we strapped in a tiny body and searched the pumpkin patch for a very first pumpkin, and so carefully placed it with him in his new little seat?

Suddenly it all seems soo good. Every road trip in the back seat with him cozily sleeping and facing me seems so extra wonderful...and consequently, this infant carseat seems like it has suddenly become my favorite possession at the moment. That's how I get when I say goodbye-it's not healthy..
Don't worry, thankfully for everyone in the family this carseat will not go empty, we are filling it up with new precious cargo in only a matter of weeks that can now be counted on two hands!

On a happier note, last night we took a trip to Costco. We have been stewing over carseats for way too long. We finally returned home with a toddler seat, read the safety manual and stressed over if we had it in securely enough that if we got hit by a semi Cooper would still be safe. We stayed up past bedtime, driving around the block. Cooper's face at first was hilarious, literally it's like he was not sure if he should smile or be terrified, "Mom are you sure I'm allowed to do this?!"



We pulled into the driveway with everybody happy, and we carried our little infant seat inside-to be washed and prepared for baby sister-and never to be used again by 'Baby Coop'. This morning I took a trip to the dentist and received Cooper's first toothbrush. Life is so exciting with someone new around to explore things with. Every change is bittersweet, as excited as I am-and Cooper is..I have just tried not to look at his little seat sitting by the door this morning. I'm giving myself just one day to say goodbye before re-saying Hello!
We are growing up over here..

No comments:

Post a Comment