Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Someone new to love.

Meet sweet little Cooper Shawn.
He was born 7/30/11 weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 21.5 inches long. He has captured our hearts over the past 11 days.




We closed the door on our cute little home the morning he was born knowing it was the last time we would be there without our little boy..it was such a weird feeling!


His birthday was such an exciting day for us! It's easily one of the best days of my life. I was 2 whole long days past my due date and we could NOT wait to just look at his face and hold him! Shawn was over the top excited all day, and seriously the best person I ever could have had by my side. Whenever I got nervous he was super calm, and he made the whole day easier for me, making sure everything was taken care of. Being interested in the medical field, Shawn was involved and intrigued by the whole process asking my doctor questions I wouldn't have ever thought of-Along those lines, I have to apologize if you are one of our wonderful friends or family who have came to visit, only to be greeted by Shawn showing off pictures of my placenta, it's not like that's personal or anything!


Cooper came home with very dark curly hair, it has lightened up since then..It's amazing how much older he looks to us already. He is a very calm baby, he gets so relaxed just laying awake on his boppy listening to people talking around him. He falls asleep the second he is in the car or his stroller. He has the longest wingspan I have ever seen on a baby, and I work with babies! The photographer and nurses at the hospital never failed to comment on his extremely long and skinny arms and legs, and huge feet and hands. We know exactly where that comes from. He loves his hair being tickled, and of course he loves to eat..


It feels different to me just walking through the door of our house knowing Cooper is here. I love hanging out with him all day and seeing teeny tiny glimpses of his personality coming through. We are so grateful to have little Coop in our lives, and appreciate every second we are able to enjoy with him! We have had the most amazing friends and family support and feel so taken care of. Thanks to everyone who helped us out and were excited for us, it just made the whole experience of adding to our family that much better. It's funny how complete I felt like our life was just the two of us, and now I wonder how I ever felt that way without this boy around.

After what seems like the longest wait in the world, we are now very proudly Team Allen plus one. Despite the sleepless nights, we are grateful to be that way.

7 comments:

  1. Cooper is so cute! What a great looking family! Congratulations! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable Ash!! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post Ash!! Sounds like you are taking it like pros! Can't wait to get back up there and see him. Love you guys and are so excited for our little boys to be very best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooooo happy for you guys!!! Cooper is so adorable. I think he looks like you Ashley. You guys are going to be amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Ash he is so darling! I am so happy for you! I bet you are the best mommy ever, glad you are enjoying every minute for it. keep up the darling pictures:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute and tall! Wow, 21.5 inches! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashely congrats! He is so adorable. He's so tan and I love that dark hair! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete