Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine..



Valentines Day was supposed to be a big great perfect day for us! Shawn was busy all day so a few weeks ago we took a little weekend overnighter to make up for it. Our sleep over was soo fun, but for some reason I still felt like Valentine's day needed a little celebration. After all, it is my third favorite holiday, after Christmas and the fourth of July. I reminded Shawn that many times. We have been waiting for about 6 weeks hoping to find out that day if our baby was a boy or a girl! I went to my step sister's bright and early to get my hair done..which I always look forward to. I thought my day was going to be perfect. While I was there my doctor called and said he was sick and we had to postpone until Friday! Like any hormonal girl would, I decided to let it ruin my entire morning and part of the afternoon. I went home and got into bed and turned off the light and insisted that Valentines day was ruined. After 45 minutes, and a lot of Shawn's patience before work I realized I was being ridiculous. Surprising?

So I got up and tried to turn around a day gone bad. Shawn didn't get home CLEAR until 9 pm so I went to the gym and came home to make heart shaped blueberry pancakes that turned out looking like little fetus's and actually grossed us out. When Shawn came home my world was fixed. He took me to Red Mango and we sat by the fire eating our yogurt and talked about past Valentine's days we have had..At the end of the day I realized all that mattered about the day. I am obsessed with my Valentine. The one I never see because he works and studies so hard, the one who can change my mood 180 in literally two minutes, the one who just has to sit next to me or walk through the door to make me so excited about life. I didn't know I was capable of being so obsessive...Thanks for choosing me and sticking with me Valentine..I'm proud to be the other half, soon to be third of Team Allen.





P.s..we are hoping today is the day, boy or girl!?

5 comments:

  1. Cute cute pictures. Glad the day turned out good. I am glad that you have such a great guy! My guess.... a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Did you find out??? I keep thinking it is a girl. Lincoln does too. LET US KNOW ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Oh ashley you make me laugh.. I'm glad your day turned into a good one! I know ALL about the long study and work hours.. don't worry it will pay off in the end (that's what they say at least) :) I'm guessing a girl.. can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete