Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Elder Allen

Today we dropped Aaron off at the MTC. He flew in last night from Arizona and we were so grateful to have just one extra night with him. We have enjoyed so much having him live in Utah the same time as us, come over for dinner, and make the long drives back and forth to AZ with us..he really is the best brother in law!
Aaron is Shawn's one and only brother and it was hard for Shawn to leave him. He really held it together, being the tough older brother that he is-but..I won't get into details of what happened in the car after we pulled away for Shawn's sake :) I've always know that Shawn is very attached to his little brother who plays golf with him, who never fails to bring a smile, who will play Super Nintendo for hours with him, and who so diligently responds to the nickname Bean. Shawn is not the only attached to this boy. I have loved having in my family, I refuse to believe that it has only been for a year and a half. It feels like so much longer..

Aaron will be the best missionary can't wait to hear about all of his wonderful experiences!! We are very proud that he is one of our own..Go Elder Allen!

He looked very handsome and all grown up..I thought it was cool that this is one of the same suits Shawn wore on his mission.




Can't wait to see this boy again in just two short years..and am very grateful for his sacrifice to serve! Not to mention we couldn't be more proud :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures Ashley! They're making me miss my boy(both boys)but I love seeing Aaron at the MTC and especially seeing Shawn and Aaron together. Thank you for sharing the photos with us. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete