Monday, November 29, 2010

We are Grateful.

It's true. We really are! We have many blessings to remember this year. This year was our year to spend thanksgiving in Arizona with the Allen's. We went down to Arizona a week early to see Aarons mission farewell. He did amazing just like we knew he would. We are grateful for his decision to go on a mission even though we will miss him! I have never sent a brother off on a mission..so I'm excited me and Shawn get to drop him off at the MTC even though we just have to leave him at the curb :( we are excited for him! Since we went down for Aaron's farewell we had an early Thanksgiving with his family. I left my memory card home so I didn't get one picture..but it was wonderful.

I had to work this year on Thanksgiving. It changed my perspective of the holiday and I realized I am very grateful for our health this year. Thanksgiving was not as glamorous as it was in my head. We decided we would go out to a nice restaurant for dinner, but everywhere was closed when I got off work. We rescheduled our celebration dinner for Friday night. And that's okay. The rest of Thanksgiving weekend we enjoyed our Christmas decorations and the new snow. We collectively decided to wrap up the weekend with about 8 hours of cuddling and doing nothing by the tree. We even watched Miracle on 34th street..

I have to admit I was sad that we weren't around family this year, and I might have pouted for thirty seconds when our Thanksgiving dinner consisted of left over enchiladas when I had imagined it so much better in my head. But I learned this year that celebrations of being grateful come in all different forms. This year for me it was being at home alone with my very best friend..we decided we are very grateful for our jobs, our amazing families, our friends, our cozy place to live, our religion, and of course for each other..I could go on forever but I won't.

Tonight maybe we will sit down by the tree again, and drink some sparkling cider that I forgot about on Thanksgiving after a long day at work..and we can celebrate one last time all that we are grateful for and toast to the start of a brand new season!! Happy thanksgiving and I guess on that note while we are at it..Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great weekend. Can't wait till our ugly sweater party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure did miss you Thanksgiving although thanks for sharing Shawn with us. It was great to see him. Hopefully we can all get together soon so I can see everyone before Christmas. Man how time flies. We really are so blessed. So grateful to have you guys in our family. :) Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete