Monday, May 3, 2010

Moving On and Moving OUT..

The time has come that we are saying farewell to lovely oh so wonderful apt number J309. I have had my tears about it already. Life is taking us to MESA, ARIZONA in just a few weeks..and I couldn't be more happy that Shawn's family will be close by! We are hoping to lay by the pool, swim, go to the lake,go camping, play with the fam and adore the little babies. Oh oops I forgot we are actually going there for work..who cares about that.
Last summer Shawn went by himself..that will never happen again. It was pretty tragic.


I have loved everything about South Jordan, our neighbors, our ward, our apartment, our balcony, our view, our train that passes 8 times a day and shakes the apt and honks it's horn. I love that we came home to this place right after our honeymoon and stayed up all night making it feel like home. I love that we haven't had AC the whole ten months and have had to fall asleep at times on the balcony for some cool air. I love that we have neighbors that will just walk in any time of day..
Sweating to death with no AC..notice the glistening faces


But I love being hot, I love being so hot I feel like I'm going to die. And I have no tolerance for being cold. So people tell me I will become a big Mesa fan, and Shawn thinks I'll be hooked for life. Being by Shawn's family will only make it that much better..it's bitter sweet. I will miss my job..but it will still be there when I come back. Life just keeps flying past..WE do have a new nephew waiting for us in AZ. Nixon Bradley Mcneil is oh so cute and was born just a few days ago to Shawn's sister. We will be all over the babysitting..

Time goes too fast..I swear we just moved in. Before we know it we are going to be old and boring like this couple we saw at dinner the other night. The wife was reading a book and the husband reading sports illustrated during their date. Please help us to never get to that point..Someone else joined us at dinner that night..Little miss Soph. It is going to break my heart to not see this little face all summer long. When I get home she will be grown up and might actually fit into some newborn clothes.


In between studying for finals Shawn has allowed me a few hours of his time..and then we he studies I have to promise not to say a word. It's pretty dang hard to know he is right next door and I can't say anything. I figure when I get his time I better make it worth it..so we have been to the driving range (I am pathetic), to dinner, and spent time with some friends.
This picture was taken for proof that every month or so my hair does come out of the ponytail...but not often.


We don't see our friends nearly enough because we are all just so busy..Whit and Mike came over for dinner last night and we were so glad to see them. They are always fun to have around :) Oh and we think they are the cutest dating couple ever..




Thanks everyone for making our last few weeks in Utah fun already..Arizona here we come!

8 comments:

  1. Well, I am EXTREMELY excited to have you guys here all summer. Seriously, we are going to have way too much fun! And I should be feeling good by then which will make it that much better! Kylee has gotten so big, you won't even believe it. I still haven't seen cute little Nixon. :( Oh and let me just say that that picture of your niece is SO cute!!! As far as not having a/c goes...I had no idea! You are good at not complaining about it, that is for sure! I do think it is hilarious that every time you come to AZ you say you love the weather, even when it is burning hot outside. We'll have to swim a lot together while you are here! Love you. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad your leaving me and I just barely got here! Please hurry back so we can hang out sometime... I hope you have the best time being super warm by the pool everyday.. get a great tan for the both of us ok!! Love ya lots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash! I love your blog it's always so much fun to look at! How did you get so good at it!? I had mine a little sooner than you and i still suck at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash!! I love you, I'm sad you are leaving and we didn't even get to hang out.. and I am sad that Whitney is such a better friend than me! She sees everyone.. gosh.. I love AZ weather too.. and I hate being cold.. I can be soo hot and I looove it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone seems sad you're leaving! I, however, am glad you're coming to AZ! It been such a long time since I've seen you, (probably since graduation). We'll have to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ash, I am so excited for you guys! That will be very fun and it's about time both of us get into some nice weather! :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad you guys are leaving. :( We sure are going to miss you two. Let's plan a date night before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely the MOST sad that you're leaving. I really dont even like to think about it it is very depressing for me. This better be the only time you leave me!
    Cute pictures! Your blog is always so cute and fun to read. I cant believe you havent had AC this whole time! I could not have handled that.

    Love the pic of Soph too by the way!

    ReplyDelete