Thursday, November 19, 2009

Like Husband..Like Wife

We have many miserable tasks (ones we must secretly love) that lately have brought us some sort of twisted type of joy..
1. Chemistry-

Unfortunately, Shawn is spending many hours studying chemistry and biology. He has been doing really well and I am impressed by him, and also admire him. I on the other hand I am taking a chemistry class online-to be prepared in case I ever may want to go to grad school. I sign up for things like this sometimes and get ahead of myself on those rare days when I feel ultra motivated. And then I realize what was I thinking ($430 later).It is nice that we both are studying the same field..it brings us together as nerdy as we are.
2. Primary Children's..

Shawn has been doing a research internship in a lab at the University of Utah and PCMC. He assists in doing research on children who have what he calls "NF1". The only reason I like it is because one of the clinics he works in is in Primary Children's and so recently I have had a built in lunch buddy on all my lunch breaks. I have spent a lot of time at the hospital over the past year and a half (I can't believe I have kept one job that long)..and am realizing how much I love going to work-on most days at least..and how much I love the bright resilient faces of sick children that greet me there. Most of all I love the things I learn every day, and probably will keep learning as long as I work there. It will be really hard when I ever have to leave that place that gave me my first nursing home.

3.Early mornings:
Shawn and I leave the house everyday USUALLY before 7 am Monday-Thursday. I go to work three of the days, Shawn goes to school all of those days. We usually get home around eight, go to the gym and are exhausted by the time we hit the pillow. Our weekends however are the opposite-we try to make sure we are as lazy as can be..especially on Sundays. We are ALWAYS together-actually almost 24/7. We leave at 630 together, we meet up for lunch, we drive home together...

We have a lot in common..Like Husband-Like Wife.

4 comments:

  1. oh how cute! Drive safe coming up to Idaho! Maybe I'll see you in the good ole' small town of Rexburg while you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ashley!I loved your blog. I was reading it while dinner was cooking. Sounds like things are so blissful for you! Thats the way it should be! Its amazing that you have been at primary childrens for so long... you are amazing! I loved reading your blog!! You are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments Ashley. I want to see you next time we come down. We may get to do most treatments here until after Christmas, but I'll try to get a message to you when I know we'll be there. It sounds like you are doing well; I'd love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute! You are so funny. I wish I kept up and wrote more comments like a good sister would but you know I love ya! Thanks for the fun yet very interesting weekend. You are the best and I dont know what I would do without you!

    ReplyDelete