Thursday, July 2, 2009

Starting off on the right foot...aka introducing the 'A-Team'

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

well, I have FINALLY attempted my way at starting a blog. Or should I say WE have finally started. Lets be realistic, Shawn will mostly likely never be a big blogger. But still, I say we. we are so excited to get married!! It's coming up on us so fast. I have been going through a bit of a freak out (as excited as I still am) I always wonder what else I could have done, should do or am doing that could be better someway somehow to make ME more prepared for marriage. Maybe you never feel ready. I am almost 22 which seems pretty old. And still, I feel like I would be was better prepared to be that perfect wife everyone dreams of being in 5 maybe 10 years. I have this comfort quote above that keeps me sane. It is my little advice to myself, that the only way we grow is by jumping in and being the best we can be. "Sailing away from the safe harbor" I guess is how Mark Twain likes to say it :) I can't wait to make my attempt at being a fiance, and eventually a wife..and on that note..here is our first step.
Engagements were taken last weekend when Shawn came to visit. It was so fun! Shawn loved the camera way more then me I had never seen that in him before. In our bridals you will see him dancing around and seriously loving every minute of it. I was ready to be done..and Shawn was saying "here i'm doing a trick off the piano, watch me" or "here i'm doing a dance watch me" I was laughing so hard. Thank goodness for his energy. I am determined to start off on the right foot..to not think anymore about how much more prepared or ready I could try to be. I am ready today to get married tomorrow and I can't wait :)
Oh ya. The picture posting didn't work out for me. I am going to talk to my wonderful sister Jaimee and figure out how and post our engagments in the next few days..wish me luck.














7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you have a blog! Cute post! I love hearing how you feel about Shawn. Lincoln & I seriously love you guys together. There is something about you two that is so different from other couples...in a really great way. You seem to bring out the best in each other. It is inspiring! Oh, and if it makes you feel any better...I still worry about being a wife and I've been one for over 5 years! I'm still working on things (like making dinner and keeping the house clean) that I should have mastered a long time ago! Oh well...it's a learning experience. :) I am so, so excited to have another sister...I just love you to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ash, you are so cute, i love your blog. Your engagement and bridal pictures are so amazing. You look gorgeous and i love your dress. I am way excited for you, being married is awesome, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what do you know, haha I love the socks! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I'm expecting regular updates from here on out! Good luck on figuring it all out, it's confusing at first, but gets much easier! You're off to a good start though! If you have any questions let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited you have a blog!! I love them and look at them all the time! You look so happy! I am so excited for you to get married you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh cute blog i'm excited you got one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I am so excited that you have a blog!! What great engagement pictures!! I am so excited for your wedding you will love married life. Dont freak out...I did that and it does not help! Everything will be perfect. You deserve it. My blog is private so email me your address and I'll add you. It's danielle12@hotmail.com. Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha your husband sounds funny. when we come to az, we should hang out. wait, you're in utah. vise versa.

    ReplyDelete