Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happiness.



 Happiness is a wonderful thing. It's just a fact of life that it's nearly impossible to have happiness every second of every single day. Sometimes it takes effort to be truly happy, and sometimes happiness is just present in your heart when you wake up.


 

Sometimes, I look at Cooper and his face shows pure and complete bliss. I have caught myself thinking as I watch him, that many people ironically search a lifetime to find the happiness that comes naturally to pure, innocent, brand new little humans.  I love watching him everyday. I am reminded often as a mom and wife, what truly makes me happy-and what currently jumpstarts that feeling in my heart when I wake up. 

Here's to the genuine happiness of a kid-here's to letting the gut hang over, and the hair stand straight up. Here's to walking around in only a diaper, and eating everything that just so happens to come your way.  Here's to unbreakable spirits, and putting up a fight when life tries to take happiness away. Here's to sharing a little happiness, with people who seem really old and boring (parents) who think that work, school or finances should get in the way of going down the slide fifty times, or laughing till our pant buttons pop. We have lots to learn.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite post to date! Love it and totally agree. Here's to "letting our gut hang over" Ash. ;)

    ReplyDelete