Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two grateful people..

Yesterday all day as I was cleaning and putting things away from our showers I kept thinking over and over how grateful I was. When we first found out we were going to have a new little Allen in the fam we were so excited-but nervous! It was overwhelming thinking about all that a baby needs, and all that we had to accomplish before he came! We had a list of things that were happening "before baby" comes, including Shawn taking the MCAT and applying to med schools, which was a big financial and stressful event in itself. However, thanks to good family and friends, we officially have pretty much everything we need for baby, and little by little our long list of "before baby" chores have been crossed off. I wish I had more pictures and more time, but here is a few from both of my showers, one thrown by my most favorite sister-in-laws, and one thrown by my sister and some good friends..I didn't get very many good pictures from my shower here but my sisters made it soo cute, as usual..





We have stayed busy the past few months and they have gone by way too fast! We went to California with Shawn's family, Shawn took the MCAT, I went to Arizona for a quick day for my shower, we have been to Idaho for Emily's wedding, and this week Shawn is the birthday boy..


Speaking of the birthday boy..on our drive home from California I was in heaven with my feet up on the dash..(swollen feet this time I might add). Some people think we are crazy for the time we spend in the car-while we were driving we realized plane tickets half the time in the end would have been cheaper anyways. Since we have been married we have been up and down the west coast and spent I don't know how many hours in the car.

We have driven to Seattle, we took a detour on the way home and laid on the grass in a beautiful national forest in Oregon, we have driven to Idaho and Arizona to visit our families, we have driven to the beach in California to celebrate our anniversary, to St. George, Vegas and Lake Havasu-and every time we pull the car back into the driveway of our tiny little house I am amazed that after 12 or more hours in the car I can still be wanting more time, just to look out the window and chit chat with my best boy. Just one more thing I am very grateful for..


It is very exciting to walk around the house and know that everything is prepared for our new little arrival. It is extremely humbling to think about all the help we have had to get everything done, and gather all that we need. It is bittersweet to know that we are hanging up our car keys, and our spontaneous road trips are over for the time being..we are settling in, kicking off our shoes, and enjoying the last few weeks we have just the TWO of us. Thanks to everyone who has been excited for us, given us advice, came to showers, and helped us out..we love our friends, and even more our families!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that saying above the crib! And don't forget that there are a few more boxes of things from Melissa & I in my parents' garage. We'll find a way to get them to you soon. Love you guys. We had such a great time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash Im so excited for you looks like things are going great!! I love reading you blog you are so cute. ps this is so funny I was at a family party and franky was there and out of the blue she goes you look so much like ashley and i look at her confused like I forgot a cousin or somthing I was like ashley? she goes yeah you guys could be twins! ha ha Im like ashley allen she goes yeah! ha ha I just started laughing im like really she has browm hair and im blonde she's tan and im white she has brown eyes and I have blue!! ha ha oh man she is a funny one! I think she was mad I thought it was so wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ash, you look so cute!! I can't wait to see the little man, it's getting so close!

    ReplyDelete