Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A tribute to a Teeny Tiny..


The night before Thanksgiving Shawn and I were very surprised to discover that we are having a baby, one of our very own! Needless to say, it made every holiday this holiday season more meaningful to us. Even though we were pretty much still numb on Thanksgiving we drove around after I worked looking for places for dinner and saying over and over again how surprised we were. We came home empty handed after over an hour of driving around. We obviously weren't to focused on places to eat.


first picture of 2011 we really weren't that lame ALL night

On New Year's we thought about all that 2011 is bringing onto our plate. It is a year that dreams are coming close to reality for us. Even though it makes me very nervous, since we can't even keep track of a dang set of keys, we are taking it one step at a time! Shawn is finally applying for Medical School this year in the beginning of June, and hopefully sometime before this year is over we will find out where we will be spending the next few years of our lives. Our baby will be joining us at the end of the summer, technically my due date is the beginning of August, but the original due date was July 28th. I might just keep that date in my head since it seems so much closer with the word July in front of it. By that point Shawn will hopefully be able to relax with his applications and just be ALL OURS to enjoy.

We are ever so grateful for this opportunity. Working where I work, I feel like I see babies who start out their lives on a rough road day after day. A healthy baby seems almost to rare and good to be true. Shawn and I will be so relieved when we know that our baby is healthy and safe. Our first ultra sound showed just a small little peanut. Today our ultra sound showed arms and legs and actually looked like a real baby! We already think every limb is the very cutest it could possibly be.
We love you little sweet pea. Already in the past 11 weeks and 3 days, you have changed us for the better..we are very grateful for you, we LOVE you.

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting! And I think that you will be the cutest parents EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already told you this, but I am SO excited!!! How fun to get a "real" ultrasound pic too! PS Kylee's birthday is July 28th! What if your baby was born on the same day?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh!! I'm so excited for you! You are going to be the cutest prego lady!! The best is when you find out what you're having and can start picturing your little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash I can't believe you didn't tell me till now! Yay Im so happy for the two of you! Your life will never be the same again but its the best thing in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how exciting! congrats! you guys will be great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations!!! that is WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ASH! I'm so happy and excited for you! CONGRATS to the two of you :)

    You have decided to join the coolest club ever. . . parenthood. Prepare yourselves for the real meaning of J-O-Y.

    Good luck with your pregnancy and all. How are your boobs? hahahahahaha can you see them now? hahaha jk Ash, you know I love ya :)

    Love,
    Ash #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two make being in love look wonderful! Enjoy your next months together...stay caught up on sleep...for when baby arrives you will NEVER get caught up again...ever...for the rest of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness no way!!!! Oh congratulations!!! You will be the cutest mom ever! So so happy for you. It's going to be a busy year for you guys with a baby on the way and med school applications. Good luck with both! (Apply to Arizona!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh congrat to you both! your are going to make great parents, you think you love that baby now wait to you meet him\her:D it is crazy how that little bundle of joy can change your life(for the better) so quckly! so happy for you, hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete